Saturday, September 21, 2013

Recipes : Chocolate Truffles & Tequila Chocolate Truffles

Heii.. today wanted to share my truffles recipe to you guys :)
Its my first time to do it, so, looks abit weird, but my dad n mom said it nice, and they pack few pieces to my uncles who volunteer his tequilla for me :) thanks uncle :*
Okay, so i was wanted to make truffles for my boyfriend's birthday gift. i was searching and searching for the recipe and it suggest to put alcohol into it. but i have no idea about alcohol thingy cos i dont drink (so good girl^.^). i went to a duty free shop and founded actually alchohol is so expensive -.-" so i went to my uncle house to get it for free :D:D:D

I have made two kind of truffles, which is traditional truffles with choco powder coating and tequila chocolate truffles.




It is pretty easy to make, but will make ur time to clean is, cos u will be kinda messy trust me. here is my recipe of my truffles !

Chocolate truffles recipe in grams

ganache: 
227 grams         Semi-Sweet chocolate, chop into small pieces
120 ml              Non diary whipping cream
2     tbs             Unsalted Butter
4     tbs             Tequila, alcohol

Coating:
Chocolate powder and melting chocolate

Step by step:
1. Finely chop chocolate into small pieces in order to melt it evenly, set aside in non stick bowl
2. Cook non diary whipping cream with butter with small fire until it start to bubble at the side and butter melted is enough. DO NOT cook it too long, we do not want to cook it.
3. Pour cream and butter into the chocolate and let it stay for a minute to melt the chocolate, and stir with spatula. It become ganaches :)
(optional)
4. devide the ganaches into two bowl. one is without alcohol, traditional truffles.
5. Pour tequila into the second bowl and mix well. (note: I put more alcohol as the tequila my uncle give is too long, thus i put more, this will cause the ganaches too soft. 2 tbs is recommended)
6. Cover ganached with tight plastic and refrigirated for at least 2 hours, best is overnight.
7. Ater the ganaches firm enough, scoop with spoon and roll is like a ball. After that refrigirate for 30 minutes before coating.
8. While waiting, prepared the cocoa powder and melt chocolate for coating.

Note :
- I choose melt chocolate for my tequila truffles as it too soft, but it give best effect cause the runny ganached wont melt away when set in room temperature.
- While melting the chocolate coating, make sure its not over cook with high temperature. Melt it with shimmering water with double boiler, and make sure the water remain hot or else the chocolate will get harden and its a waste
- If the melted chocolated harden or siezed, DO NOT throw away. Keep it for next baking ingredients like Cupcakes and so on.
- If ganached is failed. DO NOT throw away, could jam it to bread or cookies like Nuttela :)

Hope you guys enjoy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for visiting my blog !!
Please feel free to drop your blog URL if you have any ;)

You may leave your comment now, hehe !!

© Chloe Khoo. Powered by Cake