Sunday, March 30, 2014

Trip to Cameron Highland

Hei guys, how are you today ?





I am going to write about me and my husband mini trip to Cameron Highland, how to go, where to stay, how much to bring and where to visit on that highland.

That is the first overseas trip without my parents. hahhaa !!and also the first time I feel like I am a Tai Tai :D:D so excited and I miss there a lot now. I miss the weather, the people, the spa, food and scenery !!!
Ok here we go !

How to go ?
There are many ways to go there, you can go by bus, coach, or airplane. For me I chose to go by Coach from Singapore.

By Coach
For bus you can visit Bus Online Ticket for online booking, the price would be the same from the company. What you need to prepare is a credit card to make payment and print out the receipt and go down to the coach company to redeem the ticket on the day of departure. REMEMBER to buy travel insurance from there, it is just S$2 if I'm not wrong, it is very cheap. I will write more about travel insurance later on.

If you wish to go down and book I would suggest you to go Lavender, Goldenmile. There are a lot travel company that drive to Malaysia, including Kuala Lumpur, Genting Highland, Cameron Highland, Penang, Ipoh, etc.

Travel time from Singapore about 7-8 hours. So I would recommend you to take night bus and u could reach there early morning :)

By Plane
For plane wise, I am not really sure. But I know that the nearest airport is at Ipoh and then you could go Cameron by coach or taxi from there proximately 1 hour and 30 minutes and about RM600 per ride for taxi.

What to bring ?
Before talking about what to bring, firstly I would like to talk about Travel Insurance.

I, personally, think it is a must to get travel insurance. Nobody will know what will happen tomorrow or even a minute later. and also going overseas by any transport its not always smooth as we wish. Sorry if I am too direct but its the fact.  Another thing to buy travel insurance is to protect your belonging. For example lost of luggage, passport and so on. Moreover, you can claim for your hotel fees and other cost if the plane delay too and even if you fall sick. So for me I would pay a little bit more to buy travel insurance.

There is one great experience between me and my husband. I bet almost all Singaporean or Malaysian would know this company called "Five Star". Me and my husband almost buy full package to Cameron from their company. Luckily, when I compare the prices, I found that book it separately will get better rates. So we booked their coach from Bus Online Ticket. Moreover, I tick on $2 travel insurance while booing it with my husband and I couldn't found myself luckier than this time.

I was at Batam coming to Singapore, my husband fetch me at Singapore harbour front. We went to "Cheers store" and he read the newspaper there said that Five Stars has closed down. We was so panic and stressed that time. Few days later, Bus Online Ticket called my husband and they said they will refund back our loss to his bank account. I bet it must be something to do with our $2 insurance.

I heard from my father in law, he said that we could print out our receipt from Five Star and we would entitled 10% discount from other company. So I went to Bus Online Ticket once again to search for available bus on that day. We chose the same date as we already booked our hotel as well.

So from my lesson, I really suggest all of you to buy travel insurance whenever you go overseas. After our trip my husband get food poisoning from Johor we believe and we get to claim back out medical fees as well.

Okay so what to bring to Cameron ?

1. Neck Pillow
Do you know that they have pillow for traveller, it looks like U shape. I bet you really need it especially when you are sitting on 8 hours bus. hahaa !! Me and my husband actually forgot to bring. My neck and shoulder was so pain when I wake up , plus the air conditioner was so cold :(

2. Clothing
The average weather at Cameron are 16 - 24 degrees celcius. But on rainy day would hit to 7 degree celcius. So, for me (Scared of cold) will brink long pants, Long sleeve shirts, jacket and cover shoes. Hahas !! My husband would wear shorts, Tees, jacket and open toes.

So yeah, its really depend on you, whether you could adapt to cold weather. But if you going to mount Brinchang which is the highest mountain, I would suggest you to wear long pants and jacket.

For women, I suggest to bring disposable panties whenever you go overseas, cos it is really convenience. you can find it at NTUC, Giant, Cold storage even Watson. It is quite cheap and come with low and high waist, moreover in colourful colour too.

3. Umbrella
Umbrella is important if you would like to go to Cameron Highland. Cos the rainy session is about two weeks/month. Mostly will rain in the morning and slightly sunny in the afternoon.

4. Skin Care
Because Cameron Highland weather is so cold, it easier for u to get dry skin, so I would suggested to bring moisturizer for ur hand and feet as well face. Maybe you could wear emulsion before sleep and before put make up on the next morning. Another skin care is facial sun block. Although is cold out there, but there is still have bright sun in the afternoon. haha !!So girl, you get what I mean :)

5. First Aid
When come to this part, I feel like I am an auntie or a Mother. haha !!My Mom will always prepare medicine in her Bag.

The meds that I would suggest you to bring are,
- Seasick Pills (in case you are vomiting, cos its a long way though)
- Panadol
- Diarrhea Pills
- Medication oil

6. Money
How much money you need to prepare for the trip ?

- Hotel Fees
Hotel fees is really depend on you, you can book it through Agoda to search for best rates and also go to the hotel webpage directly.
For us, we went to stay at Cameron Highland resort and believed that it is the 5 star resort there. The president or minister will go there and stay. Will talk more about hotel later on.

- Bus Fare
Bus fare from Singapore to Cameron Highland is about S$100 - 120 per person for two way transport.

- Others
other fees that you will spend at Cameron Highland are, Food, Souvenirs, Tours and so on.
Me and my Husband spend about RM 1,000 (less than S$400) for 4 days 3 nights. We really ate a lot, spend a lot like a Tai Tai as I said.


7. Travel Ticket & Passport
Remember to always bring your travel itinerary for every travel. Otherwise, you might missed your time. Moreover, Passport is a must must must number one to remember !!


Where to stay ?
I would recommend two places to stay at Cameron Highland.

1. Cameron Highland Resort
I would recommend this resort because this was the place where I stayed last trip. The service is damn good, come with free excellence breakfast, free Candle light dinner and 2 hours spa and massage. Click here.

When we reached there, the bell boy reached us with warm smile and offer to help us with our baggage, when we walked more to the receptionist, they offered us to the seat with very cozy atmosphere come with a piano. After that they offered us warm aromatherapy facial towel and their famous tea. They offered us breakfast but we already taken before reaching there. Every morning breakfast they served with love.

We get our romantic package with them, and we entitled to free Strawberry fondue in our room, free candle light dinner with one appetizer, meal and dessert ( it was the romantic dinner ever !!) Their dinner last for 2 hours with big red and pretty candle light on our table. They offer us to light up the fireplace and candles along the corridor but we have appointment with their spa village :(

Over all their services are damn good and definitely will go back again, maybe our anniversary ?It's not a expensive place to visit and it worth more than that !!

2. Copthorne
Another hotel I would recommend is Copthorne Hotel, it known as Equitorial. This was the hotel where my husband stayed before with his neighbour trip before knowing me. hha ! I do not know particularly about this hotel, you could visit here. From outview of the hotel, it looks very cozy as well.

It is located higher than Cameron Highland Resort, so the temperature there will be slightly higher. Moreover, it located near to butterfly and bee farm, also market nearby, so it pretty convenient if you are hungry midnight and searching for food outside.

Where to go and visit ?
Cameron is a small village, and it is big enough for you to tour for 3 days. When we reached Cameron, there was this tour guide called "Titiwangsa Tour" where they offered us a bus to travel around and bring us to the place where tourist wanna go. The price range for their tour is around RM30-60 per person depend on which package you want to go. I pretty like our tour guide called "Saldu, we could call him satu". I found he is quite experienced and interesting.

1. Strawberry Park
First place you must visit at Cameron is their famous strawberry park. There are numbers of strawberry park there. I forgot where we go, but more and less the same. Tips: there are no CCTV in the farm, so you could eat as many as you want inside and only bring the numbers they given out. Haha ! This is what I did with my husband there, and we really ate until phobia with strawberry !!

2. Tea Plantation
Second place you must go is Tea Plantation. They also have few tea farm there, but I would recommend you to go to BOH tea plantation. They are the largest tea plantation in Cameron highland, when you reach there, you are surrounded by huge and awesome tea farm. I missed it a lot.

You could go to BOH factory, they open for tourist to go and see how their tea are made. Opposite the factory are the mini museum about the history of BOH tea plantation, followed by BOH tea store where you can buy some tea back to Singapore (Singapore sells it too), and Their restaurant. You must try their Scone when you reach there. It a must to try our scone at Cameron highland , our tour guide said. He also said that to eat it Hot, so you could feel the cream melt inside.

3. Mount Brinchang
Third place you must really go is Mount Brinchang. This mountain really give me deep memories. I love this place !! It located very very high up there and believed it is the second highest mountain in Cameron, it is 2000m above the sea. It was very very cold up there and we went to climb up to the tower and the feeling is I am on the cloud and almost touch the sky !!! hahaha. I was freezing that time.

4. Mossy Forest
after mount brinchang, you might want to visit mossy forest. It is located half way to the peak of Mount Brinchang. I don't really like the forest as I am not the kind of adventurous person but I believe my husband love it a lot. He even climb out the bridge to take photo -.-" so dangerous. the forest is nice and cooling, but I afraid there will be dangerous bugs or animal come and attack me. hahaha !! so drama !!

For hiking lover, you might want to hike to mount brinchang or mossy forest. Many tourist do so too !

5. Rose Garden
I like rose garden a lot. There are a lot of different roses and flowers. for flower lover, you really have to visit that place.

6. Bee Farm
When you visit bee far, I would recommend you to buy their honey. Their honey is really cheap. One of the honey that our tour guide recommend and I bought it for my mom, which called propolis. They got their own propolis honey and they also have British propolis honey. I choose British propolis honey. Propolis honey is believed to cure sensitive nose, fever, coughing, flu and so on. So it is not cheap outside.

7. Cameron Highland Resort Spa Village
Their famous spa village is really really awesome. You should go and try. It is not cheap if you go there and try, but you can get cheaper package if you stay at their five star resort. Me and my husband got our RM400++ free spa by signing up our romantic package together with our room. and both of us fall asleep at the very first session (don't really feel the massage at all) cos it is too comfy !!

8. Others
There are other great place to visit, if I list all down, it will be a very long blog page. haha. Other great places are,
-Time Tunel
- Butterfly farm
- Kea farm
- Sam Poh Temple
- Cactus Valley
- Vegetable farm
- Hydrophonic farm
- Mushroom farm
- Tanah Rata Street
- Brinchang market square
- Sunrise your
- Orang Asli Village

What to eat ?

1. Steamboat
Steamboat is their local traditional food. With their freshly picked up vegetable and mushroom really make the soup taste perfectly.

2. CHR high tea
Cameron Highland Resort high tea is very famous there. You should try too !


There are others food like malay food, Chinese food, indian food or western at Tanah rata street.

What to buy ?
There is no much things you can buy back from Cameron Highland, what you can buy for ur family, friends or colleague are keychain, strawberry souvenirs, strawberry jam and so on.
But do not forget to buy this back because Singapore might not have, they are:

1. mexico chilli
Known as most spiciest chili ever !! Buy this for chilli lover and they will love you forever !hahaha

2. Yacon
It looks like cassava but its not. Another name for this is ground pear. It is so crunchy and sweet and hardly found in Singapore. Even they have, also not as sweet as their one. Yacon can be cooked in soup, and it is still crunchy and sweet even after hours of cooking.

3. honey
There are honey in Singapore, but you might not get the real one. Their honey is real and cheap in price.


Any other information you might want to visit http://www.cameronhighland.net/places-to-visit.htm


For other question you might drop comment below, I will try my best to answer it :) Do not hesitate to comment below for other information that you know and share it with me :)))


SO hope it will be helpful to you, have a nice day guys ! CYA !!


10 comments:

  1. Stunning post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nessa,

      Thanks for visiting my blog :)

      I've followed your blog lovin do follow mine too :)
      You could follow my blog on top left hand side :D

      Stay in touch Nessa.

      Warmest greet
      Chloe

      Delete
  2. http://www.bloglovin.com/link/blog?blog=11870275&link=aHR0cDovL2Jsb2dieXVzdHdvLmJsb2dzcG90LmNvLnVrLw&frame=1&frame_type=b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vithusha and Samini,

      Thanks for visiting my blog, I've followed your bloglovin :)

      Feel free to follow mine to at my left side bar ^_~

      Thanks with love,

      Chloe

      Delete
  3. Great information. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us creditloan.1111@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice write-up and great pictures! I wrote about some beautiful places in Cameron where you can take awesome pictures. Check it out and let me know what you think in the comments. :D
    Best Places To Take Pictures In Cameron Highlands
    Cheers and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice article! In my blog I mention a few homestay in Cameron Highland that is suitable for couple as well as large family.
    Recommended Homestay In Cameron Highland
    Do check them out :)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting my blog !!
Please feel free to drop your blog URL if you have any ;)

You may leave your comment now, hehe !!

© Chloe Khoo. Powered by Cake