Thursday, March 20, 2014

Precious Moment, Happiest Moment, Our ROM day

Heii !! Another day has come.. Today I am going to share about my happiest moment of my life which is my ROM (Registry of Marriage) day !!



Today I will write about the planning we have gone through, and I will update about how me and my husband feel about our Marriage life next time.

Lovely ever after


We were planning quite some time for it and I am trying to do as many DIY as I can !! I love to DIY stuff and I feel super happy as my husband help me acquire the materials, the efforts that me and my husband had put in had made me feel blissful.



Of cus as the special day apporached, which is what a woman long for, to marry the right man and of cos the man that you love most. You see, when you are with him, there is no single chance for other man to come in my heart (hahahaa !! so sweet of me right ?).







Another reason why I want to do DIY is to cut unnecessary costs !! Register a marriage in Singapore is cheap, but how we celebrate it is another thing . So I will firstly talk about what we think is the most unnecessary cost for us (only what I personally think, so it might not applies to others) and then following by how we plan it and where.







Flower centrepiece is really an unnecessary cost to spend on. Why ?
Flower centrepiece is only used for 15 mins photo session decorations !! I mean I am not a stingy woman, neither my husband. It is only flower in Singapore is damn expensive !! Do you know we need to spend on $300 for one centrepiece ?? (I think is around 30cm x 15cm? it's damn expensive) and my favourite flower is champagne rose, it will be more costly! So I will tell you guys what we do for our Centrepiece instead of a bunch of expensive flower.







Chairs decoration
Chair decoration is about $30 - $40 bucks per chair, and we have total of 5 chairs for the ceremony and that's about 150bucks. I  personally do not think that it is worth for it cost. When the main characters are the Groom and the Bride, "who will want take the photo of the chair ?" and another reason is that, the photos of front face are more important than back view right ?I believe so. haha.








Location
Choose only the location that comfortable and cozy for both of you, it's not an expensive place but the services, location and foods are yucks. In life, nobody wants to get into debt (FIRST) then stress about it. Furthermore (touch wood) the marriage do not turn out what we have expected because of money problem.


---


So now I will talk about how we plan it. First of all of course is too seek both parents approval. Haha !! and then choose the right date to hold it. That is still the so called honeymoon period of the planning. haha !! actually we never really stress about planning how to do it. after seeking for parents approval and the right date, here are the things that we have gone through.






1. Register with ROM
We actually able to register it online 3 months in advance. We are abit kiasu over it that we actually registered it 12 AM when the date was available to register online. It was because I ever read the news that ROM only allowed for certain numbers of couples to hold their ROM on the same day. So I thought that our day is a good day, there must be a lot couple register at the same day. haaha !!that's why ..........





2. Find the location.
There are a lot of nice, cozy and not very expensive locations in Singapore. The first place we considered was "Poeny Jade"@Keppel but they were fully booked. And then we searched a lot of places but they require certain numbers of guests we invite. At that moment we wanted to do it simple which we wanted to have simple and blissful dinner for our both family and my cousin, Jemmy, who hold the line for me and my husband.




After searching so much and comparing the venue, menu and costs, we decide to hold it at Tung Lok Orchard Central. It is I believe the cheapest Tung Lok restaurant branch among all. Before choosing it, we went to Tunglok @the Central (Clark Quay) It really give us nice balcony to hold our ceremony but the price really differentiate quite a lot.





3. Plan for decoration
- Centrepiece
We went to flower shop to enquire about the price of flower centrepiece and like I said it cost about $300 and will cost more for my favourite champagne rose. So we went to search for another shop and the costs more or less the same.
Then after searching so long, I actually went to Google to search for another choice and I found one blog and they did very pretty DIY for the solemnization table which they used wooden block and rose petals as the table centrepiece instead of expensive flower centrepiece. So me and my husband agree to get that idea for our solemnization. 
We searched google and Gmarket where to buy the wooden blocks and flower petals and we couldn't find it. After searching so long, we found it at Typo. The wooden block costs only $18 for 4 pieces which are "I", "love", "D", and "O" and we get our fresh rose petal at neighbour flower shop for $5 /A4 size bag.


- Ring Holder
I was tempted to do my ring holder by my own. again this idea is coming from google. I actually did my ring holder by Champagne cup. I bought the cup from Batam so it is pretty cheap there and the quality is really good but I forgot what's the name of the brand.
And my husband actually accompany me go to Daiso to search for Arcylic glass paint, beads and dried flower for me. But we couldn't find what we need. So went to Spotlight @Plaza Singapura, we actually found everything there and that cost roughly more than $10. I start to do my works straight away and it turned out pretty well.
We bought a stick of red rose to hold the ring from neighbour flower shop for $5/stick. Great thing is my Brother in law which is my husband's brother offer us his ring pillow which is really really cute and pretty and I like it a lot a lot. So we actually don't use my DIY champagne cup to be ring holder, we use it for decoration itself.





- Chair Decorations
Because we never use champagne cup to be the ring holder, so we use the red rose for the chair decoration (our photographer idea). Thanks to my Mother In Law to get for us two sticks of roses instead of one, so we could put it for me and my husband chair.





- Small Gifts
I wanted our guest to receive a gift from us as a thankful gift from us. Million thanks for their support and be there for us to share our love and make it beautiful. So that time I was at Batam,first thing that I came in my mind was fragrant candles. One day I went to my father's uncle shop which he does his business as distributor. So the surrounding area are distributors, everything is very very cheap there. so as I walked around with my mom, I found rose soap, it smells good and I thought it is useable. So I bought for all of our guests and it cost about 18bucks included the gifts boxes and stickers and hard paper for our Thank you card.





SO, How much We save ???

1. DIY table centrepiece instead of Flower Centrepiece we save about $270++
2. Chair decoration we save about $140
3. Location save about $800 ( compared to Tunglok Central) $500 (compared to buffet high tea @$30++/ person

so we save about $1000++ and we could spend it on our short trip to Cameron ^.^


ROM is the first move for the marriage couple, and then you might need to hold traditional wedding ceremony (wedding bonquet which me and my husband saving for now) that costs much more money in it (I think about $1500 - $2500/ table? idk). For my point of view, I will rather to save more on my ROM and make it really great on our actual day.

So DO NOT spend on unnecessary cost. I never say that do not spend at all or spend stingy-LY (until you have a too simple ROM), it is just about saving first and then save to hold a great one in next step. After you hold actual wedding ceremony you need to buy house, raise a child. oh my.... so yeah, just spend smartly ;)







Save now, enjoy it double later ♥ ! Stay tuned guys.



7 comments:

  1. hi! how is the food? did u hold your solemnisation ceremony at private room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    The food was great and reasonable price too.

    the service was great and they come with the table and chair arrangement with little flower centerpiece for us for free. other decoration we mostly DIY :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello.. did u hold your solemnization during lunch or dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, how much they charge per room ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am holding dinner, ROM 1 hour earlier than the dinner. they will provide us private room and table arrangement for ROM solemnization.

    For the price im not quite sure now. u can go down for site inspection or just call them as they have 3 package to choose from (diff price from diff menu)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chloe, may I know which neighbour flower shop you went to get the fresh rose petals?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jess, It is at textile centre near Lavender.. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for visiting my blog !!
Please feel free to drop your blog URL if you have any ;)

You may leave your comment now, hehe !!

© Chloe Khoo. Powered by Cake